Journey of Faith, Hope and Love

OUR JOURNEY OR FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

I feel like our family was blessed with a second chance. in 2008, Holden was born extremely sick. He had heart defects, chronic lung disease, pulmonary hypertension and severe GI issues. At 10 weeks old he came home from the hospital on oxygen, a feeding pump and a heart monitor. During one of our many hospital visits doctors determined that he had pulmonary vein stenosis. They explained that it was inoperable and in most cases was fatal. They said they did not know if he had "two days, two weeks, two months, two years or two decades." Our world changed in that instant.

I prayed like I had never prayed before. I asked God for a miracle. I asked anyone who would listen...to pray for Holden. Even in the darkest of hours, I heard a voice telling me everything was going to be alright. It was that voice that gave me the faith and strength that I needed for myself, my family and my son. Today, Holden is 12 years old and is doing amazingly well. He is smart, kind and full of life! He loves lacrosse, basketball, video games and hanging out with his friends. He is our walking miracle.

I am in the process of writing a book about our journey and hope by sharing our story we can inspire other families facing challenges to hold onto their faith. Have faith in God. And, if not in God, have faith in something. Have Faith in yourself...or simply in that things WILL get better. Keep HOLDEN Faith!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

I am writing a book to share our story and hopefully inspire others to have faith when the road gets dark.  As part of this process, I went back and read blog entries I had never re-read and sorted through photos from the past several years.  I put together a short video and I have mixed feelings about sharing it. On one hand, it makes me feel very vulnerable. However, on the other hand, I think it shows that while the journey was not always easy, we tried to make the best of every day. None of us knows what God has in store for us. But if we keep HOLDEN FAITH we can make it through anything!

1 comment:

  1. You know I love it!!!! You did an amazing job putting this together...Holden is a miracle and loved by many...I remember some of those bad days as we sat at the hospital...Thank God I have you in my life, I never would've got through my hardest times...You are an amazing Mom and do absolutely wonderful things for Holden...You and Reece are great parents and you have one awesome son....I just know this will help somebody out there that is living their own special journey...All my love...Heart Hugs!

    ReplyDelete